A skype call with JJ and SK – “Sometimes when you’re away and alone, you forget what community is like – what Jesus looks like in the midst of everything, and how important it is. But when you return, you will be overwhelmed and you will be filled again.”
Currently in the process of learning:
1. “You are enough. This was enough – no more, no less.”
2. How to receive when I do not feel ready to receive; when I feel guilty about receiving.
3. That intimacy and control are incompatible.
4. What to do when I ask for peace and am asked to trust in return.
5. How to thank a home that loves me deeply even when I am rarely around long enough to indent the soil around my doorstep.
6. How to say, “I love you,” without making it sound like an apology.
7. “You do not have to walk on your knees
for a hundred miles through the desert, repenting.
You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.” – Wild Geese, by Mary Oliver
I guess I have more photos than things I’m learning (haha, yeah right), so scroll on.